Navigation

Independent Sector Schools Forum Looks to the Future

A national education forum focussing on key trends and issues affecting independent schools was opened in Canberra today by the Prime Minister the Hon Julia Gillard MP, and featured an address by the Leader of the Opposition the Hon Tony Abbott MHR.

The Prime Minister said “Every independent school in Australia will see their funding increase under our plan”.

“As Prime Minister of this country, I feel a deep responsibility to ensure every child in Australia has the education they deserve. I feel accountable to every Australian parent and child to do everything I can to make sure their school is a great school. We govern for all and when I worry about standards and work to improve them I do that for all”, she said.

“Independent Education: Influencing a Complex Future” is jointly hosted by the Association of Heads of Independent Schools of Australia (AHISA) and the Independent Schools Council of Australia (ISCA), national member and peak body organisations in the independent education sector.

The full media release is available in Media Releases.

Back to top