Navigation

Speeches for the launch of the AISNSW Institute. Sydney 29/10/15

Colette Colman, ISCA Acting Executive Director:

Minister Birmingham, Institute members and guests

I am delighted to be here at the launch of the Association of Independent Schools of NSW Institute. I am very pleased that ISCA will be part of the Institute and I look forward to engaging with the work of the Institute.

Going forward I anticipate that the work of the Institute will be an important contribution not only to Independent schools in NSW, but Independent schools nationally and indeed all Australian schools.

Click here to read the entire speech.

Senator the Hon Simon Birmingham, Minister for Education and Training:

It is a pleasure to be here today to launch the AISNSW Institute and outline some of my priorities for school education as the new Minister for Education and Training.

I am committed to a diverse schooling system that facilitates choice for parents and encourages increased investment in schooling from non-government sources. This enables a strong independent sector which in turn can strengthen the public sector.

I want to commend Geoff [Newcombe] and AISNSW for their initiative in establishing the Institute to think deeply about the challenges and opportunities facing the sector. I know that under Bill’s [Daniels] leadership and with a diverse membership of business and policy thinkers, that it will make an excellent contribution to the ongoing national conversations on schooling.

Click here to read the entire speech

For more on the AISNSW Institute see AISNSW’s press release.

Back to top
UA-29163795-1